commons-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <Daemon> How to debug service crashes
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:35:29 GMT
On 14 December 2010 21:15, Trei, Roberta L <Roberta.Trei@ca.com> wrote:
> Re: Daemon
>>> The phrase "This is deceased code in our attic" refers to the Apache
>>> Directory bootstrap code, not to Commons Daemon.
>>>

>>Yes this is absolutely true. Sorry I did not want to create any confusion
>>here.
>> Alex Karasulu
>
> I'm sure the confusion was mine, and I appreciate it being cleared up.
>
> I would very much like to continue with my attempts to use the Apache Commons Daemon
as a wrapper to Jetty 7.2.0.... but I am still blocked with finding out what is going on when
I start the service. It is returning right away, so it is most likely an exception, but I
can't get any useful debug information.  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to proceed?

> Here is how I have defined the service:
> prunsrv //IS//jetty-7.2.0 --DisplayName="Jetty 7.2.0" --Jvm=auto --StartMode=java --StopMode=java
--StartClass=c:\nq\Portal\jetty-7.2.0\start.jar -StopClass=c:\nq\Portal\jetty-7.2.0\start.jar

Should be --StopClass, not -StopClass

Use prunmgr //ES//jetty-7.2.0 to set up logging