commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Telephony/SCXML application question
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:24:49 GMT
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM, jocke eriksson <jocke29@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a standard way to cache all of these dialogs?
> You can create a new statemachine from an already parsed scxml
> document, so yes you can reuse parsed documents.

<snip/>

Right, if the question about caching is from the PoV of avoiding
repetitive parsing, the parsed SCXML object model can be reused across
any number of executors.

> How do handle the situation where I need to launch a sub-dialog?
> Well this is a tricky one, it does not exist an equivalent to a vxml
> subdialog, you can transition to a new document but this document
> was resolved when the statemachine was created. You could of course
> implement this your self by launching a new statemachine with a custom
> action (tag)

<snap/>

Or a custom invoker, <invoke> semantics are closer to VXML subdialogs
than custom actions. See the Commons SCXML Invoker [1] interface -- a
simple example implementation is the SimpleSCXMLInvoker available in
the distro, adjust to taste for your usecase.

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/0.9/apidocs/org/apache/commons/scxml/invoke/Invoker.html