commons-user mailing list archives

From Uri David Akavia <uda2...@columbia.edu>
Subject LICENSE - Embedding math-commons in our webpage
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:33:08 GMT
Hi.

I am the first author on a recently published project which uses your
math commons library, which we are very grateful for in our lab.
The project has been released at this website
http://www.c2b2.columbia.edu/danapeerlab/html/conexic.html.

We would like to embed math-commons 2.1 (the version we used for this
project) on our webpage. In that way, people who download our project
can download all files from one place (and the version will remain
constant with our project).

I've tried reading the Apache license and I'm not sure I understand.
Are we allowed to do so? Is there a specific phrasing we should use
for this link?

We're thinking about writing something like
In order to run CONEXIC, please download it as well as the math
commons library (see http://commons.apache.org/math/ for more detail
about this library).

Where the words "the math commons library" are a copy of your library.

Please let us know the legal status.

Thank you very much,

Uri David