commons-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [digester][Semi OT] Annotations in digester rock!
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:22:08 GMT
Hi all
This email is just to thank you about the annotation support  for
Commons Digester.
i was able to do the XML mapping in minutes. I used the "classic"
configuration way before, but the annotation way is much easier.
I used it in an experimental work at Velocity, where I needed to map
TLD files (JSP Tag library descriptors):
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/tools/trunk/maven-velocity-tools-plugin/
Before this, I thought that XStream was the best XML tool (cool in the
default mode, but when you have to configure it, it can be pretty
difficult), but now mapping XMLs is just as easy as mapping JPA
entities.

Thanks for the great work!

Antonio