commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wilk <>
Subject [daemon] problem with Java debugging
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:35:33 GMT

I have a problem with Commons Daemon 1.0.4 and JDK 6u21 / 6u23 (both
32-bit and 64-bit). I have observed it both on Microsoft Windows 7 and
Windows Server 2008 R2. It did not exist with Commons Daemon 1.0.2 on
Windows Server 2008 R2.

I cannot use Java Debug Wire Protocol (JDWP) for the purpose of remote
service debugging.As soon as I am starting newly installed service it
stops executing.

In both procrun log and service specific logs I have no clear
errors/warnings messages. It looks to me as
if the actual service did not even start executing.

Could you give me some hints why JDWP might stopped working with new Commons
Daemon release? I cannot go back to previous (1.0.2) release because
it does not work on Windows 7.

Best regards,
Chris M. Wilk

To unsubscribe, e-mail: