commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wilk <chris.m.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] problem with Java debugging
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:52:44 GMT
Hi Mladen,

You are right. I have changed working environment and was inconsistent
with talking about it. Sorry for confusion.

Now I am testing on Windows Server 2008 SP2 (easier for me than
testing on Windows 7).

Regarding security, I have double checked that I  have Windows
Firewall disabled (my only firewall), UAC disabled, and McAffee
provided with exclusion for entire directory where my services are
installed.

Should I have specific DEP configuration for the sake of Common Daemon?

Best,
Chris
ps. Happy New Year 2010.

On 30 December 2010 17:08, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> On 12/30/2010 04:38 PM, Chris Wilk wrote:
>>
>> Hello Mladen,
>>
>> Sorry for slight delay. I was swallowed by other tasks.
>>
>> I have re-checked my start class and even System.out.println statement
>> put at the very begin of static main method is not printed at all.
>>

> Your JVM is failing to start so that won't help.
> I can reproduce the same behaviour (error log) if turning
> on the firewall and not enabling access to prunsrv.exe.
>
> JVM just silently drops off and daemon exits.
>

>> As I have stated before everything works for me with Commons Daemon 1.0.2
>>

> No you have said:
> "I cannot go back to previous (1.0.2) release because
>  it does not work on Windows 7."
>
> Now, windows7 == windows2008R2, so I have no clue
> what are you talking about.
> Are you sure you are testing those on the same boxes?
>

> Regards
> --
> ^TM

Chris M. Wilk