commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Mlodzinski <Adam.Mlodzin...@quest.com>
Subject RE: [daemon] Update procrun.html with 64-bit registry details
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:51:20 GMT
> From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mturk@apache.org]
>
> On 12/31/2010 04:09 AM, Adam Mlodzinski wrote:
> > Hi there, this is my first post to the Apache Commons mailing list.
> >

> > I noticed today that tomcat5.exe stores details of services in a different place
on 64-bit Windows
> compared to 32-bit Windows.
> >

> They use the same 32-bit location (Wow6432Node) regardless if you run
> a 32 or 64 bit version of procrun (tomcat5.exe).
> > The tail of http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html describes the location
used on 32-bit
> Windows. It seems this document needs to be updated to reflect the location used on 64-bit
Windows.

> Patches are welcome :)

I might attempt this, if I were clear on what it should actually say.

Are the following correct?

On 32-bit Windows, details are stored here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\<svcname>\Parameters]

And on 64-bit Windows, both the 32-bit and 64-bit executables store the details here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\<svcname>\Parameters]