commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject Re: [Math] BigDecimal to power
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:58:57 GMT
For commons math you'd have to change the license to asl 2.

On Dec 16, 2010, at 9:07, "Andy Turner" <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've implemented code for calculating a BigDecimal raised to the power of another BigDecimal
and which returns the result rounded to a specified number of decimal places. It is in the
maths package of my Generic library and can be found via the following URL:
> There are no third party dependencies. I have not fully tested the code and already after
I released I found a bug which is only updated in subversion repository. Anyway in general
the methods work and should be generally useful. I looked for code to do this two years ago
and although I expect there are other implementations, I had no luck finding any and this
week I bit the bullet.