commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <>
Subject Re: [exec]Tutorial problem
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:29:18 GMT
Hi Susan,

you might check the FAQ (

"Are child processes automatically killed? - This functionality is
largely depend on the operating system - on Unix it works mostly and
under Windows not at all (see Bug 4770092). In terms of stability and
cross-platform support try to start your applications directly and avoid
various wrapper scripts."

So starting the process directly will solve your problem ...

Siegfried Goeschl

On 12/23/10 7:31 PM, Susan Jolly wrote:
> I'm running a batch file with arguments as in the tutorial. I think the
> problem may be that Acrobat Reader (at least on Windows) isn't intended
> as a
> command line program. I note similar weird behavior when I just try to run
> the batch file directly. The tutorial approach seems to work well on my own
> small Java command line programs developed as test cases. Thanks for the
> feedback. I'll let you know if I have any problems running other
> executables. Susan Jolly

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message