commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [exec]Tutorial problem
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:29:18 GMT
Hi Susan,

you might check the FAQ (http://commons.apache.org/exec/faq.html)

"Are child processes automatically killed? - This functionality is
largely depend on the operating system - on Unix it works mostly and
under Windows not at all (see Bug 4770092). In terms of stability and
cross-platform support try to start your applications directly and avoid
various wrapper scripts."

So starting the process directly will solve your problem ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl