commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: LICENSE - Embedding math-commons in our webpage
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:24:49 GMT
Le 13/12/2010 18:33, Uri David Akavia a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I am the first author on a recently published project which uses your
> math commons library, which we are very grateful for in our lab.
> The project has been released at this website
> http://www.c2b2.columbia.edu/danapeerlab/html/conexic.html.
>
> We would like to embed math-commons 2.1 (the version we used for this
> project) on our webpage. In that way, people who download our project
> can download all files from one place (and the version will remain
> constant with our project).
>
> I've tried reading the Apache license and I'm not sure I understand.
> Are we allowed to do so? Is there a specific phrasing we should use
> for this link?

You are allowed to do this.

> We're thinking about writing something like
> In order to run CONEXIC, please download it as well as the math
> commons library (see http://commons.apache.org/math/ for more detail
> about this library).

You should also point out commons-math is distributed under the terms of
the Apache License version 2.0 with a link to it:
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0>.

Also make sure that in the downloadable parts, the LICENSE.txt and
NOTICE.txt are included. If you use directly one of our distribution
archives, they are included. If you use a modified version, the changed
files must be clearly marked as changed.

Thank you for using commons-math

best regards,
Luc