commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] problem with Java debugging
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:08:45 GMT
On 12/30/2010 04:38 PM, Chris Wilk wrote:
> Hello Mladen,
>
> Sorry for slight delay. I was swallowed by other tasks.
>
> I have re-checked my start class and even System.out.println statement
> put at the very begin of static main method is not printed at all.

Your JVM is failing to start so that won't help.
I can reproduce the same behaviour (error log) if turning
on the firewall and not enabling access to prunsrv.exe.

JVM just silently drops off and daemon exits.

> As I have stated before everything works for me with Commons Daemon 1.0.2

No you have said:
"I cannot go back to previous (1.0.2) release because
  it does not work on Windows 7."

Now, windows7 == windows2008R2, so I have no clue
what are you talking about.
Are you sure you are testing those on the same boxes?

Regards
--
^TM