commons-user mailing list archives

From Andy Turner <A.G.D.Tur...@leeds.ac.uk>
Subject [Math] BigDecimal to power
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:07:22 GMT
Hi,

I've implemented code for calculating a BigDecimal raised to the power of another BigDecimal
and which returns the result rounded to a specified number of decimal places. It is in the
maths package of my Generic library and can be found via the following URL:
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/src/andyt/java/generic/

There are no third party dependencies. I have not fully tested the code and already after
I released I found a bug which is only updated in subversion repository. Anyway in general
the methods work and should be generally useful. I looked for code to do this two years ago
and although I expect there are other implementations, I had no luck finding any and this
week I bit the bullet.

I have posted on a few forums today about this to try to encourage uptake.

Maybe you have some suggestions about where it goes from here? Maybe it is something for commons
Math?

Best wishes,

Andy
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/