Hi! I am attempting to save out plist files from some groovy code, and I am not having much success when it comes to arrays. Instead of values wrapped in array tags, I get a series of key-value pairs. Here is my code (hopefully it should be close enough to java to be clear):

groovy> import org.apache.commons.configuration.plist.*
groovy> def bob = new XMLPropertyListConfiguration()
groovy> bob.addProperty("key", "stringvalue")
groovy> bob.addProperty("numbers", 12345)
groovy> bob.addProperty("settings", ['height': 20, 'width': 40, 'scale':'very yes'])
groovy> bob.addProperty("things", ['chair', 'hat', 'door'])
groovy> bob.save(System.out)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist SYSTEM "file://localhost/System/Library/DTDs/PropertyList.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

            <string>very yes</string>

I would expect something like:

From what I can tell, the test case for this currently does not test arrays, the code is commented out with the caption "todo : investigate why the array structure of 'newarray' is lost in the saved file":

I cannot find an open issue in jira that relates to XMLPropertyListConfiguration, either. Is the output I am getting correct, or is it effected by the issue that is preventing array testing, or something else? should I post a bug?

I should note that I am using the commons-configuration-1.6.tar.gz as a source for org.apache.commons.configuration.

Any help would be great!

Matt Smith