commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Primitives] Does anyone use this?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 19:24:06 GMT

also lookup methods from factories will reliably lookup ArrayList<BoxedPrimitiveDatatype>
when bean definition has attribute
dependency-check="object" but wont lookup a collection of primitives such as int []PrimitiveDataTypeVariable
even when the bean definition specified dependency-check="simple"

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/1.2.9/reference/beans.html

thanks,
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: josiah.d.haswell@hp.com
> To: user@commons.apache.org
> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:42:29 +0000
> Subject: RE: [Primitives] Does anyone use this?
>
> Gnu Trove includes a set of benchmarks vs. the JCF. I don't understand why this is so
controversial; a developer should be able to assess the suitability of a library for his or
her purposes without it turning into a huge debate. If dependency-management is an issue,
Trove is available from numerous Ivy/Maven repositories.

> Joe H. | HP Software

even worse. It really depends on the application, but I've found a number of spots where primitive
collections work much better than autoboxing and JDK collections.

Of James Carman [james@carmanconsulting.com]

is practically a drop-in replacement for ArrayList<Integer> and I see no reason not
to use it if it is supported and reliable.

when I used ArrayListInt vs. ArrayList<Integer>.