commons-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Bhat <prashant...@gmail.com>
Subject [daemon] jsvc: error while loading shared libraries: libcap.so.1
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:50:18 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to make my application run as a service both on windows and Ubuntu.
So I'm trying to use apache-daemon 1.0.4 linux binary release [1].

I'm using Ubuntu-10.04.  When I execute ./jsvc , it stops with an error
message like this:
'./jsvc: error while loading shared libraries: libcap.so.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory'

Then I tried to steps to build from source. But that failed as well, for the
following command.
$ sh support/buildconf.sh
  support/buildconf.sh: 33: autoconf: not found
  support/buildconf.sh: cannot generate configure script

Are there any other libraries to include? Any ideas/suggestions to solve
this?

Thanks,
Prashant

[1]