commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Need for JSF
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:07:44 GMT
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM, niklas modin <niklas.modin@oracle.com> wrote:
>  Hi again,
>
> Looked into it a little bit more, and there is indeed a way to note import
> packages as optional,
> but it seems like this isn't set properly in the manifest file.
>
> Not sure if there is an issue with the maven assembly plugin, or if there is
> a way to instruct it  to
> include the "resolution:=optional" parameter in the manifest file.

<snip/>

The manifest entries are generated by the maven bundle plugin [1].

I haven't checked, but it would be worthwhile to see if the plugin has
more intelligence about optional dependencies today than it did when
the last Commons SCXML release was cut.

If not, we can also look at hard-coding the appropriate OSGi related
manifest entries via following properties defined in the parent pom
[2]:

  <Export-Package>${commons.osgi.export}</Export-Package>
  <Private-Package>${commons.osgi.private}</Private-Package>
  <Import-Package>${commons.osgi.import}</Import-Package>
  <DynamicImport-Package>${commons.osgi.dynamicImport}</DynamicImport-Package>

I'll take a look when I get a chance. If you'd like to suggest
improvements (or want to track this), feel free to open an issue (with
an appropriate patch, if available) to JIRA [3].

-Rahul

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml
[3] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html