commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml]SCXML Executor Priority?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 01:33:10 GMT
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Lee, Cheryl - ES <Cheryl.Lee@itt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still a bit new to SCXML, and I have a single java SCXMLExecutor running on Fedora
11 on a "large" state machine (about 5000 states).  I am at the point of tuning my system,
and I was hoping to be able to increase the priority of the SCXMLExecutor.  Is there a way
to increase the thread priority of the state machine engine?  I didn't see a way to do it
using the API provided for SCXMLExecutor.

<snip/>

The SCXMLExecutor API is synchronous. The executor doesn't spawn any
threads by itself. Therefore, any tuning of the above nature relates
to the calling application thread.

The size of the state machine mostly matters at parse time and parsing
should ideally be done before response time is a critical
consideration, such as at application startup.

-Rahul

> Thanks!

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.