commons-user mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Daemon
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:13:02 GMT
Hi Umit,

2010/11/21 Umut Aydın <devnetwork@gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to use Apache Commons Daemon to get my server application
> run as a service. But I couldnt find any example / implementation.
> My server application based-on Apache Mina btw. Anyone could share an
> example with me?

Take a look here:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/deceased/daemon/tags/1.0.2/bootstrappers/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/daemon/

You'll see that we have a few bootstrappers and one is for Jsvc and another
for Procrun both of which are from commons daemon. This is deceased code in
our attic because we found that using these two different frameworks, one
for windows and the other for *nix dirtied up our code.

Instead we used the Java Wrapper and that just worked the same across the
board for us. Take a look at the above code if you want to still pursue the
commons daemon path. Otherwise you can look at how we use the wrapper in our
current code or better yet follow the simple examples for Java Wrapper.
ApacheDS get's a little complicated here.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org