commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [digester] Class loading issue using commons-digester in OSGi setup
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:16:36 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM, niklas modin <niklas.modin@oracle.com> wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use commons-scxml in an OSGi environment (Equinox) and scxml
> has a dependency
> on digester, which causes some class loading issues.
>
> Digester gets it's own class loader being a separate bundle, however it
> looks like when
> ObjectCreateRule.begin() instantiates the SCXML object when I try to parse a
> scxml document
> this is done using this snippet:
>
> /Class clazz = digester.getClassLoader().loadClass(realClassName);/
>
> Since SCXML isn't in the digesters class loader, this will never work.
>
> Any ideas on how this should work in an OSGi deployment ? Any one else with
> some experience
> of using scxml/digester in this manner ?

<snip/>

There is atleast one Eclipse-based plugin that use Commons SCXML; more below.

> Do I need to skip installing all the bundles separately, and just pack them
> all together into a
> big jar ? Feels like that contradicts the whole modularization goal of
> OSGi/bundles.

<snip/>

Right, this can be done without packing everything into one jar. Such
situations are usually handled using OSGi buddy policies and buddy
class loading mechanisms.

>From the archives, see my reply to a similar query:

  http://markmail.org/message/hoyi3r7cvbxqrk5x

-Rahul