commons-user mailing list archives

From "Sander A. Smith" <>
Subject [daemon] jsvc returning control on RedHat
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:32:38 GMT
I'm trying to write a daemon on RedHat. I've written a class with the Daemon
interface, and things seem to run fine except for one issue. When I call
jsvc the system starts normally, and the daemon starts running. However, the
jsvc process does return until I hit Enter. After I hit Enter, I finally get
back to a prompt.

I'm watching and notice that the start() method is working properly. I'm
calling thread.start() and I know that my thread has started properly. I
think that something is stopping jsvc to properly return, but don't know
what. Any ideas?

Sander A. Smith

Sericon Technology Inc.
71 Marquette Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M6A 1X8

Link to me on LinkedIn

Join our community of people interested in testing Facebook applications

Learn about advanced tools for testing social networking applications