commons-user mailing list archives

From niklas modin <niklas.mo...@oracle.com>
Subject [digester] Class loading issue using commons-digester in OSGi setup
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:22:35 GMT
  Hi all,

I'm trying to use commons-scxml in an OSGi environment (Equinox) and
scxml has a dependency
on digester, which causes some class loading issues.

Digester gets it's own class loader being a separate bundle, however it
looks like when
ObjectCreateRule.begin() instantiates the SCXML object when I try to
parse a scxml document
this is done using this snippet:

/Class clazz = digester.getClassLoader().loadClass(realClassName);/

Since SCXML isn't in the digesters class loader, this will never work.

Any ideas on how this should work in an OSGi deployment ? Any one else
with some experience
of using scxml/digester in this manner ?

Do I need to skip installing all the bundles separately, and just pack
them all together into a
big jar ? Feels like that contradicts the whole modularization goal of
OSGi/bundles.

Cheers,
Niklas