commons-user mailing list archives

From niklas modin <niklas.mo...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Need for JSF
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:52:57 GMT
  Hi,

I looked at it, and you can specify what packages you want to export,
along with the
added info.

Adding this to the build part of the pom should take care of it:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
<configuration>
<instructions>
<Import-Package>
                 javax.faces.context;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.servlet;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.servlet.jsp;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.servlet.jsp.el;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.xml.parsers;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.xml.transform;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.xml.transform.dom;resolution:=optional,
                 javax.xml.transform.stream;resolution:=optional,
                 org.apache.commons.digester,
                 org.apache.commons.el;resolution:=optional,
                 org.apache.commons.jexl;resolution:=optional,
                 org.apache.commons.logging,
                 org.apache.xml.utils;resolution:=optional,
                 org.apache.xpath;resolution:=optional,
                 org.apache.xpath.objects;resolution:=optional,
                 org.w3c.dom;resolution:=optional,
                 org.xml.sax;resolution:=optional
</Import-Package>
</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>

I tried that, and deploying that with just
commons.loggin/digester/beanutils seems to be working fine.

BTW, I just noticed that there isn't any import for beanutils in the
manifest generated, but it's listed as a
mandatory dependency. commons.digester have a deploy dependency on
beanutils though I think.

Cheers,
Niklas

On 11/18/2010 2:07 PM, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:45 PM, niklas modin<niklas.modin@oracle.com>  wrote:
>>   Hi again,
>>
>> Looked into it a little bit more, and there is indeed a way to note import
>> packages as optional,
>> but it seems like this isn't set properly in the manifest file.
>>
>> Not sure if there is an issue with the maven assembly plugin, or if there is
>> a way to instruct it  to
>> include the "resolution:=optional" parameter in the manifest file.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> The manifest entries are generated by the maven bundle plugin [1].
>
> I haven't checked, but it would be worthwhile to see if the plugin has
> more intelligence about optional dependencies today than it did when
> the last Commons SCXML release was cut.
>
> If not, we can also look at hard-coding the appropriate OSGi related
> manifest entries via following properties defined in the parent pom
> [2]:
>
>    <Export-Package>${commons.osgi.export}</Export-Package>
>    <Private-Package>${commons.osgi.private}</Private-Package>
>    <Import-Package>${commons.osgi.import}</Import-Package>
>    <DynamicImport-Package>${commons.osgi.dynamicImport}</DynamicImport-Package>
>
> I'll take a look when I get a chance. If you'd like to suggest
> improvements (or want to track this), feel free to open an issue (with
> an appropriate patch, if available) to JIRA [3].
>
> -Rahul
>
> [1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml
> [3] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html
>

>> /Niklas
>>

>> On 11/17/2010 9:46 AM, niklas modin wrote:
>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>> Looking at the manifest for scxml, it seems like all optional maven
>>> dependencies along
>>> with the required ones, all gets translated into an entry under the
>>> Import-Package: part.
>>>
>>> AFAIK, I don't think there is a notion for optional dependency injection
>>> in OSGi, so I guess
>>> that means that all dependencies are in fact required for an OSGi
>>> deployment.
>>>
>>> Not sure how to proceed here, but seems that also deploying JSF and all
>>> transitive
>>> dependencies is what I need to do.
>>>
>>> Another quick Q:
>>>
>>> Are there any plans for a 0.10 release ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Niklas

JSF