commons-user mailing list archives

From Tyson Lowery <tysonlow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP - unclosed connections
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:15:28 GMT
Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately, I've made the change to upgrade and
I'm still seeing the issue.  I've gone ahead and added some more
debugging info to my code.   I'm seeing the issue about 1% of the time
with this test case.  I'm outputting debugging information before my try
block, and at the end of my finally block (among other places).  A grep
count shows that there are an equal number of these statements in the
catalina.out file over a specific time period, 637.  I am checked how
many times this page appeared in the access_log over the same time
period, and it also added up to 637.  During this time, it was reported
that 6 connections were not closed by this jsp.  I also am outputting
the result of Connection.isClosed() and Statement.isClosed() to
catalina.out after I close the connections and statements.  These always
show as true.

Please note that I have other jsps that I know are NOT closing
connections properly.  Is it possible that AbandonedTrace.java has a bug
and is reporting the wrong jsp page in the log?

Where should I dig next?

Thanks,
Tyson