commons-user mailing list archives

From Tyson Lowery <tysonlow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP - unclosed connections
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:39:57 GMT
Thanks Phil for the reply.  I've changed maxWait to 1000 and
removeAbandonedTimeout to 300.   MySQL wait_timeout is set to 500.

I've put some System.out.printlns in and can see that this page is
taking less than 1 second to process, even in the cases where I get the
DBCP object created 2010-11-10 12:54:14 by the following code was never
closed:
java.lang.Exception errors.  So I don't think the timeout is being hit.
I can also see that the finally block is being executed, I'm now
printing to catalina.out after each object is closed.

Note that this isn't being reported everytime the page loads, just once
in a while.

Are there cases where this exception is generated even though the
connections were successfully closed?  Or is there a way to get more
info from AbandonedTrace.java?

Thanks,
Tyson