commons-user mailing list archives

From michael.la...@hilgmbh.de
Subject Antwort: Re: Commons Upload: Can not read parameters if input type file is empty ...
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:08:38 GMT
Good Morning Brian,

also thanks a lot, i will check output from the JPS page. Perhaps i find
somthing what is not well formed for MULTIPART-DATA.

Best Regards

Michael

Von:    Brian Pontarelli <brian@pontarelli.com>
An:     "Commons Users List" <user@commons.apache.org>
Datum:  15.10.2010 16:39
Betreff:        Re: Commons Upload: Can not read parameters if input type
file is empty ...

The code and HTML look good. I've gotten that message a number of times
and what it generally means is that the request body isn't properly
formatted. More specifically, when the MultipartStream is asking the
underlying stream (in this case the ServletInputStream) for more bytes it
returns -1 signifying the end of the body.

Is anything else touching the InputStream before your code does? That
could cause issues.

Another thing I would try is to read in the request body and output to
stdout. This will help you determine if it looks like properly formatted
multipart body. You could also post that output to the list and we can
take a look as well.

-bp

On Oct 15, 2010, at 4:38 AM, michael.laube@hilgmbh.de wrote:

> Hello developers,
>
> i try to use the upload function. I use a form with a text Field, a
> Textare and some checkoxs and an input Type of file. If write somthing
in
> these fields and choose a file to upload the behavior is good. The
Upload