commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [io] is 2.0 on Maven?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:13:29 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Niall Pemberton
<niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe it does, but for example if a put a redirection pom in for
> commons-io:commons-io:1.4 to org.apache.commons:commons-io:1.4 the
> problem is that people will already have the old 1.4 pom in their
> local repo and unless they remove the old artifact, the new
> redirection pom will not be downloaded.

DOH!  Well, that stinks.  I guess we do need to have a discussion on
how we plan to play nice with respect to all of this
version/artifact/group management.  I think the plan of keeping the
artifactId and the package names in sync is a good idea.  But, we need
to be careful about this whole "new" groupId thing.  Should we fire up
a discussion thread on dev@?