commons-user mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] is 2.0 on Maven?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:07:40 GMT
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM, James Carman
<james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> If we don't change the package names and we do change the maven
> "address" (group/artifact), then we run the risk of having two
> different versions of the same class on the classpath (unless the
> redirect pom gives maven enough information to know that you're really
> talking about the same thing).

I believe it does, but for example if a put a redirection pom in for
commons-io:commons-io:1.4 to org.apache.commons:commons-io:1.4 the
problem is that people will already have the old 1.4 pom in their
local repo and unless they remove the old artifact, the new
redirection pom will not be downloaded.

Niall