commons-user mailing list archives

From Johan Hertz <johan_he...@yahoo.se>
Subject Re: [exec] Re: Redirect shell output
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 13:25:28 GMT
Hi, Siegfried,

I have not had a chance to have a look at this before. But it tried it
now and it failed, maybe there is something obvious that I am doing
wrong here.

                 String commandString = "pfexec zfs send
rpool/data@F20101031 | gzip > F20101031.gz";
                 Executor exec = new DefaultExecutor();
                 exec.setStreamHandler(new PumpStreamHandler());
                 CommandLine cl = new CommandLine(commandString);
                 exec.execute(cl);

Error:
java.lang.Exception:
         at com.katujo.badger.nodes.ExecNode.run(Unknown Source)
         at
com.katujo.badger.util.EnterExitNodeExecutor.runNoneSyncRoot(Unknown Source)
         at com.katujo.badger.util.EnterExitNodeExecutor.run(Unknown Source)
         at
         at
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "pfexec zfs send
rpool/data@F20101031 | gzip > F20101031.gz": error=2, No such file or
directory
         at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
         at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
         at
org.apache.commons.exec.launcher.Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Java13CommandLauncher.java:58)
         at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.launch(DefaultExecutor.java:246)
         at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecutor.java:302)
         at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:149)
         at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:136)
         ... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
         at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
         at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:53)
         at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
         at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
         ... 12 more

I did try to run the exact same thing on the command line and it works,
do I need to wrap this in a script file or?

Regards
Johan

On 31/10/2010 12:34, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> sorry for bugging you - any progress from your side? We also
> appreciate success stories ... :-)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> On 10/24/10 11:33 PM, Johan Hertz wrote:
>> Hi Siegfried,
>>
>> It is a bit late for me to test this now, but thank you very much for
>> pointing me in the right direction.
>>
>> Regards
>> Johan
>>
>> On 24/10/2010 20:51, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
>>> Hi Johan,
>>>
>>> I used the following test

>>> public void testMe() throws Exception {
>>> if(OS.isFamilyUnix()) {
>>> File testScript =
>>> TestUtil.resolveScriptForOS("./src/test/scripts/standalone");
>>> System.out.println("Executing the following test script : " +