commons-user mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [exec] Re: Redirect shell output
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:51:11 GMT
Hi Johan,

I used the following test

 >>>  Start >>>
     public void testMe() throws Exception {
         if(OS.isFamilyUnix()) {
             File testScript =
TestUtil.resolveScriptForOS("./src/test/scripts/standalone");
             System.out.println("Executing the following test script : "
+ testScript.getAbsolutePath());
             Executor exec = new DefaultExecutor();
             exec.setStreamHandler(new PumpStreamHandler());
             CommandLine cl = new CommandLine(testScript);
             exec.execute(cl);
             assertTrue(new File("./target/mybackup.gz").exists());
         }
     }
<<< End <<<

using

cat pom.xml | gzip> ./target/mybackup.gz

and it worked as expected

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 10/24/10 12:36 PM, Johan Hertz wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Sorry about that.
>
> /Regards
> Johan
>
> On 24/10/2010 11:11, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>> Johan,
>>
>> which project are you asking this from?
>> commons-exec?
>> Please read the netiquette of this list... you need to make this
>> clear otherwise you don't reach the right people.
>>
>> paul
>>

>> On 24 oct. 2010, at 10:56, Johan Hertz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to redirect output using something like this:
>>>
>>>     zfs send rpool/data@test | gzip>  mybackup.gz
>>>
>>> I can't find a way to do it, is there not a way similar to how ant
>>> do it?
>>> http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#shell-redirect-2
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Johan