commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject [math] Re: complex matrix operation
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:25:05 GMT
Le 16/10/2010 18:53, Cuong P. Nguyen a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Cuong,

First, please use a [math] marker on the subject line when posting to
this list for the commons-math component. The list is shared among
several commons components and these markers help filtering.

> can I use the package for basic complex-number matrix operations
> (addition, subtraction, multiplication) ?

You can use the linear algebra packe from commons-math with complex
matrices. The appropriate interface is FieldMatrix<Complex> which has
two implementations: Array2DRowFieldMatrix<Complex> and
BlockFieldMatrix<Complex>. The former should be preferred for small
sizes and the later for large sizes. You can also use complex vectors
and LU decomposition with these matrices.

Luc