commons-user mailing list archives

From Charles Wesley <charles.wes...@oracle.com>
Subject [exec] Using Commons Exec to Input a Password to a Shell Script
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:21:00 GMT

We are trying to use Apache commons exec to execute a shell script which
takes several inputs, one of which is a password which is not echoed to
stdout for security purposes.  We were using the PumpStreamHandler and
using a ByteArrayInputStream object as the InputStream parameter for the
PumpStreamHandler constructor.  The clear text inputs are working as
expected but we are not able to progress after the prompt for the
password.  Do you have any suggestions on how to approach sending a
password via commons exec?

Thanks,

Charles