commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cli] Why is the Constructor to CommandLine package protected?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:13:37 GMT
Le 29/09/2010 18:05, Jason Powers a écrit :
> What I basically need is a parser that behaves like ls and java (without the
> -D part) for long options.
>
> For example, if I have a short option of 'a' and a long option of 'add'. I'd
> accept '-a' and '--add', but I would reject '-add'. The new DefaultParser
> looks like it does a very good job of trying to figure out what the user
> meant and doing it, but I need something that's a little less forgiving.
>
> If you guys like I can code up what I'm thinking and send a patch along
> against 1.3.

Sure! Contributions are welcome.

Something I have in mind for the default parser in the next release is a
set of options altering the behavior of the parser. For example an
option disabling the partial matching, another option disabling long
opts used with a single dash (that's your "-add" example), or an option
disabling the Posix style (i.e tar -zxvf).

I wasn't sure this was really needed, your case proves it is.

Emmanuel Bourg