commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Commons Configuration 1.7
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:58:12 GMT
Please create a Jira issue and add this as an attachment. When you do please make sure to check
the box granting a license to the ASF.

Ralph

On Oct 19, 2010, at 6:11 AM, Martin Gainty wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> here is proposed for MonitorInputStream to implement SharedInputStream
> taking remainder of the day to locate "paying work"..No work in the US but Afghanistan
looks promising
> I'll checkin tommorrow to follow-up..thanks
>
> /*
> * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
> * contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
> * this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
> * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> * (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
> * the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> *
> *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> *
> * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> * See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> * limitations under the License.
> */
> package org.apache.commons.vfs.util;
>
> import java.io.BufferedInputStream;
> import java.io.IOException;
> import java.io.InputStream;
>
> import javax.mail.internet.SharedInputStream;
> /**
> * An InputStream that provides buffering and end-of-stream monitoring.
> *
> * @author <a href="mailto:adammurdoch@apache.org">Adam Murdoch</a>
> * @version $Revision: 480428 $ $Date: 2006-11-29 07:15:24 +0100 (Wed, 29 Nov 2006) $
> */
> public class MonitorInputStream extends BufferedInputStream implements SharedInputStream
  /* MCG added SharedInputStream for mark capability */
> [...]
>                    <include>LICENSE.txt</include>
>                </includes>
>            </resource>
>        </resources>
>
>        <plugins>
>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>                <configuration>
>                    <target>1.3</target>
>                    <source>1.3</source>
>                </configuration>
>            </plugin>
>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <goals>
>                            <goal>test-jar</goal>
>                        </goals>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>            </plugin>
>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>                <executions>
>                    <execution>
>                        <phase>generate-test-resources</phase>
>                        <configuration>
>                            <tasks>
>                                <echo message="Setup test-data environment" />
>                                <delete dir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/../test-data"/>
>                                <copy todir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/../test-data">
>                                    <fileset dir="src/test/test-data">
>                                        <include name="**/*" />
>                                    </fileset>
>                                </copy>
>                            </tasks>
>                        </configuration>
>                    </execution>
>                </executions>
>            </plugin>
>
>            <plugin>
>                <!-- surfire do not honor suite(), see MSUREFIRE-131 why our tests
wont work with maven 2 -->
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
>                <configuration>
>                    <systemProperties>
>                        <property>
>                            <name>test.basedir</name>
>                            <value>target/test-data</value>
>                        </property>
>                    </systemProperties>
>                </configuration>
>            </plugin>
>
>        </plugins>
>
>    </build>
> </project>
>
> HTH
> Martin Gainty
> Please do not alter or disrupt this transmission. Thank You
>

>> From: ronak.patel@baesystems.com
>> To: user@commons.apache.org
>> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:51:30 -0700
>> Subject: RE: Commons Configuration 1.7
>>
>> Hi Ralph,
>>
>> The issue is:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-301.
>>
>> It's still open...and I don't see any patches.
>>
>> This bug is a blocker for me and so I have to drop down to using java.io.File to
do my actual file reading which is not desirable.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ronak Patel

and resetting the InputStream being returned by the FileObject#FileContent object.

 class mentioned in this post: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-202.
build of Commons Configuration.

on a snapshot version of Commons VFS. So before Configuration 1.7 can be released VFS 2.0
has to be published.

a release. Can one of the VFS developers answer this?

>>> I consider VFS 2.0 ready for a release. It has been on my todo list forever.
I'll be at ApacheCon so maybe some of the other Commons folks can work with me during the
hackathon to get it done.