commons-user mailing list archives

From "Patel, Ronak Avinash (US SSA)" <ronak.pa...@baesystems.com>
Subject RE: Commons Configuration 1.7
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:51:30 GMT
Hi Ralph,

The issue is:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-301.

It's still open...and I don't see any patches.

This bug is a blocker for me and so I have to drop down to using java.io.File to do my actual
file reading which is not desirable.

Thanks,

Ronak Patel

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goers [mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 5:47 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Commons Configuration 1.7

What is the issue number?  Did it have a patch with it?

Ralph

On Oct 18, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Patel, Ronak Avinash (US SSA) wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> That's great news!!
>
> I was wondering if you also happened to fix the bug related to setting marks and resetting
the InputStream being returned by the FileObject#FileContent object.

mentioned in this post: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-202.
>>> However, there is no mention of when this class will be added to a downloadable
build of Commons Configuration.

>>> When is Commons Configuration 1.7 due to be out?
>>
>> The problem is that due to the VFS additions Commons Configuration now depends on
a snapshot version of Commons VFS. So before Configuration 1.7 can be released VFS 2.0 has
to be published.

>> Unfortunately I don't know the status of this code base nor a timeline for a release.
Can one of the VFS developers answer this?

> I consider VFS 2.0 ready for a release. It has been on my todo list forever. I'll be
at ApacheCon so maybe some of the other Commons folks can work with me during the hackathon
to get it done.