commons-user mailing list archives

From "Cuong P. Nguyen" <cnguy...@iit.edu>
Subject [math] Re: complex matrix operation
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:38:11 GMT
Hi Luc and friends,

Thanks a lot for the quick response

Could you give me any simple code example of Complex-type vector-matrix
multiplication or matrix-matrix multiplication ?

I am a new java beginner as well as new to Commons Math community.

Thanks,

Cuong

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Maisonobe [mailto:Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr]
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 1:25 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: [math] Re: complex matrix operation

Le 16/10/2010 18:53, Cuong P. Nguyen a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Cuong,

First, please use a [math] marker on the subject line when posting to
this list for the commons-math component. The list is shared among
several commons components and these markers help filtering.

> can I use the package for basic complex-number matrix operations
> (addition, subtraction, multiplication) ?

You can use the linear algebra packe from commons-math with complex
matrices. The appropriate interface is FieldMatrix<Complex> which has
two implementations: Array2DRowFieldMatrix<Complex> and
BlockFieldMatrix<Complex>. The former should be preferred for small
sizes and the later for large sizes. You can also use complex vectors
and LU decomposition with these matrices.

Luc