Hi Jason,

You're right, the CommandLine constructor is package-private (default) access and therefore can't be extended outside the package.  I don't think this was the intent of the developers, since the CommandLine and CommandLineParser classes are not marked final.

I attached a quick patch, if the comitters wish to implement.  You'll need to realize the CommandLineParser interface in another class to return your custom CommandLine type, of course, and you should keep the constructor protected/private =).

Cheers,

Steve