commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [scxml] update datamodel from Java
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:19:09 GMT
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Hallvard Trætteberg <> wrote:
>  I came across this one in the archive and would like to comment:
>>>  A simple implementation would
>>>  reevalute all events without and event attribute, a better
>>>  implemention may ask the script engine which expression depends on
>>>  what.
>>  Indeed. We cater to a number of expression languages and if some
>>  provide an ability to conveniently build such expression dependency
>>  graphs, we can incorporate them on a case-by-case basis. Much of the
>>  work to come up with such graphs would best be done outside Commons
>>  SCXML as this work is currently incidental to SCXML.
> I've lately worked on integrating SCXML with Javascript and EMF
> (Eclipse Modeling Framework). One use case is reacting to changes in an EMF
> object graph (not SCXML's native datamodel). With this integration you can
> use
> Javascript in events, conditions and actions. When used in an event, the
> read
> accesses to the EMF objects are recorded, and if the read parts are changed,
> a corresponding event is sent to the machine. This mechanism is useful for
> both an application's business logic and user interface, and is fairly
> cleanly
> integrated with SCXML.

Cool, if this is available somewhere please post a pointer (and if you
want, such a pointer can also be added to the "Who is using it?"
section at the bottom of the home page [1] ).

In the particular conversation you quote above, the idea was to have
the ability to track such data dependencies in expressions in a more
native SCXML datamodel sense -- which gets interesting across the
number of ELs we support.

> Hallvard

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: