commons-user mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] How to implement (add) Samba Provider?
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:21:58 GMT
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Pavel Bortnovskiy
<PBortnovskiy@jefferies.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> VFS doesn't seem to support smb:// protocol "out-of-the-box":  "Due to
> some technical reasons we had to move the webdav and jcifs (smb)
> filesystem to the sandbox. So if you need one of these filesystems you
> have to build VFS manuall." I was unable to locate any relevant
> development in the sandbox or locate FileProvider in jCIFS.
>
> Can anyone please either point me to where such implementation exists, is
> described or show me an example of how such provider may be added?

I thought the vfs "sandbox" had been included in the source release of
Commons VFS 1.0 - but it seems that it wasn't.

You could check out the 1.0 source from subversion and build the
"sandbox" module yourself:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/vfs/tags/vfs-1.0/

Niall