commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] update datamodel from java
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 18:30:19 GMT
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Azraiyl <azraiyl@gmail.com> wrote:
> changing the datamodel is IMHO an event which could be triggered
> through getRootContext().set(...).
<snip/>

If this is to be done, then yes, that'd be a good hook.

> A simple implementation would
> reevalute all events without and event attribute, a better
> implemention may ask the script engine which expression depends on
> what.
<snap/>

Indeed. We cater to a number of expression languages and if some
provide an ability to conveniently build such expression dependency
graphs, we can incorporate them on a case-by-case basis. Much of the
work to come up with such graphs would best be done outside Commons
SCXML as this work is currently incidental to SCXML.

> However this is a personal opinion, but it would be nice if the
> perhaps the Commons SCXML documents that behaviour (if it isn't
> already and I was to dumb) or add an option (or even function call
> that I need to call manually) to reevalute all conditions.

<snip/>

Yes, we can always improve (many aspects of documentation and code). I
don't intend to spend any time on adding this particular option, but
if others are interested, feel free to post tickets in JIRA with
patches for consideration.

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html