commons-user mailing list archives

From vinod jadhav <vinodjjad...@gmail.com>
Subject persistent connection with https (Apache commons-httpClient 3.0)
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:30:31 GMT
Hi ,

I am using the Apache commons-httpclient 3.0 library.

I have set the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager for httpSSLclient.

I expect here the httpsClient SSLSocket to remain alive , So that for
subsequent http request the same SSLSocket should be used.

But now when my https request gets completed , the HttpConnection.close()
method is invoked and the SSLSocket gets closed.

Hence always a new SSLSocket gets opened !

Can someone give me pointer if its limitation in HttpClient library  or how
to tackle it.

Thanks in Advance,
Vinod Jadhav