commons-user mailing list archives

From Mohammed Sanaulla <sanaulla...@gmail.com>
Subject [exec] Getting Error opening terminal error while trying to execute command on linux
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 19:13:08 GMT
Hi all,
I have recently started to use Exec. I was trying to execute "proz" command
(Command for Prozilla) on Linux using the CommandLine and DefaultExecutor as
an asynchronous process. When ever I try to run the program I get the
following error: Error opening terminal: unknown.

And the code terminates with Exit Value=1.

I did a bit of research to find out that- its not able to determine the type
of terminal. So there were solutions to set the value of $TERM with the
value obtained from "echo $TERM" (which in my case is xterm). I had a look
at the EnvironmentUtils class and tried to use it to set the value of $TERM
before executing the command. I used the following to set it:

Map environment = EnvironmentUtils.getProcEnvironment();
EnvironmentUtils.addVariableToEnvironment(EnvironmentUtils.getProcEnvironment(),"TERM=xterm");

But am not able to set the env variable. Any idea what's going wrong in both
the places (executing the command and setting the env variable)

Regards,
Mohamed Sanaulla