commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Powers <jpow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [cli] Why is the Constructor to CommandLine package protected?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:05:56 GMT
What I basically need is a parser that behaves like ls and java (without the
-D part) for long options.

For example, if I have a short option of 'a' and a long option of 'add'. I'd
accept '-a' and '--add', but I would reject '-add'. The new DefaultParser
looks like it does a very good job of trying to figure out what the user
meant and doing it, but I need something that's a little less forgiving.

If you guys like I can code up what I'm thinking and send a patch along
against 1.3.

Thanks
Jason