commons-user mailing list archives

From Thiébault Benoît <...@artenum.com>
Subject [scxml] How to retrieve the triggering event in a custom action
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:17:38 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm using SCML with custom actions. I followed the Custom Actions tutorial successfully (http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/custom-actions.html),
but the Hello action only uses parameters provided in the SCXML file.

What I want to do is to provide a payload to the triggering event and retrieve it in my custom
action. Is this possible ?

// In the method firing the event
TriggerEvent[] evts = {new TriggerEvent(event.getId(),
           TriggerEvent.SIGNAL_EVENT, myPayload)};
       try {
           engine.triggerEvents(evts);
       } catch (ModelException me) {
           logError(me);
       }

// In the custom action class
public void execute(EventDispatcher evtDispatcher, ErrorReporter errRep, SCInstance scInstance,
Log appLog, Collection derivedEvents) throws ModelException, SCXMLExpressionException {
       // Here I want to retrieve myPayload
   }

Kind regards
Ben