commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Does VFS already has support for FTPS (FTP over SSL)?
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:31:30 GMT
I'm sorry. There are actually only a couple of people actively committing to the VFS code base
currently.  The only answer I can give you is the same one as below. I can look at the patch
and see what it would take to get it to apply, but I don't have an environment to test it.
 I assume by your question that you've attempted to apply it but can't determine how the patch
needs to be modified so it will successfully apply?

Ralph

On Sep 7, 2010, at 9:48 AM, J-Pro wrote:

> I'm sorry, is my message not delivered or something? I doubt that VFS developers doesn't
know anything about patch in new version and release date...

> Please answer, it's very important for me. Thank you very much in advance.
>

> J-Pro wrote:
>> Good afternoon again.
>> Sorry for bothering you guys, but I really need this ability in VFS. Did anyone ever
apply this patch? Or maybe there will be an update of VFS soon? Can some VFS developers answer
me?

>> Thank you very much in advance!
>>

>> J-Pro wrote:
>>> Thanks for the link with patch.
>>> I've tried to apply it with tortoise, but somewhy can't build the project. Maybe
tortoise messed up.

>>> Anyway two questions:
>>>
>>>  1. Did anyone ever applied this patch?
>>>  2. When the new(FTPS patched) version of VFS will be released
>>>     approximative? Because this patch in JIRA bug is there for more
>>>     than a year(!) and it's not yet in the last version... Is it
>>>     forgotten or what?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.

to test this.  The patch doesn't include a test either.  If someone can apply the patch in
their environment. create an FtpsProviderTestCase and verify that it works then I'll go ahead
and apply this along with the test case.

See