commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jsvc - Cannot register native methods error
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:32:46 GMT
On 09/30/2010 06:37 AM, Jason Britton wrote:
> Would greatly appreciate insights into "Cannot register native methods"
> error below encountered while trying to start tomcat 6.0.29 using jsvc on 64
> bit RHEL 5.5.  Suggestions to fix this problem in the past have involved
> making sure commons-daemon.jar was in class path, this does not appear to be
> my issue in this particular case.  Downloaded and built jsvc from src.  I've
> included debug output below from jsvc.  Thanks so much for any suggestions

I suppose you have done what README says:
$ export CFLAGS=-m64
$ export LDFLAGS=-m64
$ ./configure
$ make

If you have compiled jsvc from the
commons-daemon-native that comes with 6.0.29
you will need to (some trash left in distro)

$ make clean
and the repeat the upper export; configure; make procedure

However I'd suggest to use 1.0.3 binaries
http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/daemon/binaries/1.0.3/linux/
(They were compiled on RHEL5, so should work)

Regards
--
^TM