commons-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cli] Why is the Constructor to CommandLine package protected?
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:09:55 GMT
Le 29/09/2010 02:16, Jason Powers a écrit :

> Is there a reason that this is protected that I'm just not seeing?

I suppose it was made private to make clear that instances of
CommandLine are obtained through a parser and not created directly. It
hinders the development of alternative parsers though.

I'll change the accessibility of the constructor and the
addArg/addOption methods to protected so you can easily extend the class.

What kind of strict behavior did you expect from the parsers? CLI 1.3
will introduce a new unified parser, maybe it could be enhanced to
support your use case.

Emmanuel Bourg