commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] Using RMI without security manager
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:45:37 GMT
On 09/14/2010 09:33 PM, Michael Hagedorn wrote:

> My App is using RMI to talk between daemon component and GUI. Everything runs within
one machine. If I deploy daemon component with '--StartMode=jvm' App runs into exceptions
by RMI class loader. It misses a security manager. But I don't want to install security manager
and if I deploy '--StartMode=java' it works fine without security manager.

> Is this a side effect of prunsrv or default behavior of jvm.dll? And why does it work
if java.exe is loading jvm.dll?

Sun's java.exe adds some private properties to the environment.
It would be helpful if you could get all the properties if
started with java.exe and jvm.dll and send the differences.
Next step would be to add that particular property like
-Dapplication.home= and -Dsun.java.command= and see if
that helps.

Looks like java.exe is doing something internally that
is not documented in the JNI or JVM documentation
Sounds familiar :)

Regards
--
^TM