commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [daemon] Unable to find Java Runtime Environment
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:26:56 GMT
On 09/13/2010 05:43 PM, Michael Hagedorn wrote:
>   Thanks for the quick answer!
>
> To pick up the java.exe by registry would be great too. I don't want to
> care about JAVA_HOME. If user upgrades JRE service should still work. In
> case of jvm.dll it will. Why not with java.exe?

Indeed, why not.
Although -Jvm=xxx is meant for --StartMode=jvm.
Perhaps --JavaHome=jre would do the trick.
Currently for StartMode=java and without --JavaHome
procrun will search for JDK (not JRE) from the registry.
We could fallback to searching for JRE if JDK was not found.

Anyhow, create a JIRA feature request for Commons Daemon.

Regards
--
^TM