commons-user mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: [daemon] Unable to find Java Runtime Environment
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:23:56 GMT
On 09/13/2010 05:13 PM, Michael Hagedorn wrote:
>   Hello *,
> I'm using prunsrv with --Jvm=auto and --StartMode=Java.
> If I try this on a machine with an out of the box installed JRE6 (no %JAVA_HOME% is set)
service startup fails with "Unable to find Java Runtime Environment".
> If I use --JavaHome and assign JRE directory it works fine but that's what I want to
> Do I miss something?

-Jvm=auto is used to find the jvm.dll from the Windows registry.
--StartMode=java requires bin/java.exe, so it needs JAVA_HOME
pointing to directory containing bin/java.exe (in your case JRE loc)
or just use --JavaHome

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message