commons-user mailing list archives

From J-Pro <jpro....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Does VFS already has support for FTPS (FTP over SSL)?
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:39:33 GMT
How can I contact these people about this problem, don't you know?
About the patch... I've tried to apply it using TortoiseSVN, partially I
succeeded, but there are some code pieces which are not 100% clear for
me if I should merge it or not. In other words I can't fully apply it to
then successfully build the code. Maybe you'll get it better, Ralph. If
you have few free minutes, please try it... Waiting for your answer.

Thank you very much, Ralph.

Ralph Goers wrote:
> I'm sorry. There are actually only a couple of people actively committing to the VFS
code base currently.  The only answer I can give you is the same one as below. I can look
at the patch and see what it would take to get it to apply, but I don't have an environment
to test it.  I assume by your question that you've attempted to apply it but can't determine
how the patch needs to be modified so it will successfully apply?

> Ralph
>

> On Sep 7, 2010, at 9:48 AM, J-Pro wrote:
>

>> I'm sorry, is my message not delivered or something? I doubt that VFS developers
doesn't know anything about patch in new version and release date...

>> Please answer, it's very important for me. Thank you very much in advance.
>>

>> J-Pro wrote:
>>
>>> Good afternoon again.
>>> Sorry for bothering you guys, but I really need this ability in VFS. Did anyone
ever apply this patch? Or maybe there will be an update of VFS soon? Can some VFS developers
answer me?

>>> Thank you very much in advance!

Maybe tortoise messed up.

to test this.  The patch doesn't include a test either.  If someone can apply the patch in
their environment. create an FtpsProviderTestCase and verify that it works then I'll go ahead
and apply this along with the test case.

FTP-SSL. See